FAQs on Eu-Reka 2020
1. What is IEEE?
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional Organization dedicated to advancing Technology for the benefit of humanity. Established in 1884, IEEE has about 4.3 Lakh members spread over 160 Countries across the Globe.
2. Who can become a student member of IEEE? What are the benefits?
Any student of Science / Engineering colleges pursuing a full time Course can become a student member of IEEE. Please approach the IEEE Student Counsellor of your college or see www.ieee.org for more details.
3. Why is IEEE interested in conducting EU-REKA?
The motto of IEEE is to “advance Technology for Humanity”. The best way of doing this is to disseminate information about the benefits of emerging technologies among the future citizens of our country. That is one of the main objectives of EU-REKA
4. Can students doing engineering other than Electronics participate in EU-REKA?
Yes; Eu-Reka 2020 is open for all Engineering college students (First to Final Year) doing Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Technology in any branch.
5. Can students doing Science courses participate in EU-REKA?
This year, Eu-Reka 2020 is open for students doing full -time Post graduate courses in sciences in Computers, IT and Electronics also (MSc, MCA and MCS). This is apart from Engineering college students. For any clarifications on this matter, you may contact Help Desk.
6. I am not an IEEE member. Can I participate in the program?
Yes; Suggest you join hands with an IEEE Student member to form a team, so that you can participate in the event. Still better would be for you to become a member of IEEE and reap all other benefits too. Becoming IEEE member is very easy. There is a very simple on-line procedure you need to follow. Any of your fellow IEEE members can help you on this.
7. Can students from different college form a team to participate in EU-REKA?
Yes; There is no restriction from the organisers side, as far as the members can work together in a coherent manner with the team leader.
8. In my college, there are many students who are interested. Can there be many teams from same college?
Yes, there can be many teams from the same college.
9. I am in a college outside Pune. Can I participate in the program?
Yes; this is a nation –wide program.
10. Should our team visit the schools for interaction sessions?
No, all interactive sessions with schools will be only on-line. No personal visits or interactions are allowed under EU-REKA program.
11. What is the criteria for choosing schools? Can they be private schools?
The schools can be Private or Government schools. However, it is essential that the schools have necessary Network Infrastructure to support your on-line interactive session. Our help Desk can help in choosing schools with in Maharashtra State with proper networking infrastructure.
12. What are the guidelines to form a team?
The main guideline is that all team members should be able to work cohesively to complete the task within the given time frames. There can be 2/3/4 student members in a team, out of them at least 1 must be a girl student. At least one member of the team should be an IEEE member in the current year. Membership number of the IEEE member will be checked before accepting registration.
13. Can College staff member be part of a team?
No. No staff member can be part of a team. However, a team can have a mentor whose guidance can be taken for participating in EU-REKA program. The mentor can be a staff member of the college or can be from Industry or elsewhere. The mentor need not be an IEEE member.
14. Can I participate in the program alone?
No. You have to be part of a team. EU-REKA is a team activity. One of the purposes of EU-REKA is to encourage team spirit.
15. How is the selection process done for giving away the prizes?
Please see section on ‘Eligibility and Selection Process’.
16. Will there be a 2 -tier selection?
No. There will be only one central selection process at National Level. Please see section on ‘Eligibility and Selection Process’ for details.
17. What is the registration fee for participating in the program?
There will be no Registration fee. See section on ‘Eligibility and Selection Process’.
18. Will there be any financial support for participating in the program?
No. No financial support shall be provided by IEEE.
19. What benefits can I expect when I participate in the event?
Association with IEEE has always benefitted students in many ways. See www.ieee.org for details. As a participant of EU-REKA 2020, you have plenty of opportunities to win prizes. Even if your team could not win a prize, each member of the participating team will be eligible for an IEEE certificate for having participated. However, for that your team must complete all the tasks allotted to you within the time frame.
20. What are the benefits for the college, whose students are participating in the event?
It has always been a privilege for a college to be associated with IEEE in some form or other. Thousands of colleges all over the world are trying hard for the same. If students of a college win prize at the event, it is a matter of pride for the college. Many of the colleges in India are showcasing their association with IEEE in many ways.
21. What are the benefits for the schools participating in the program?
(a) School students (and teachers also) would be exposed to advanced state-of-the-art technologies.
(b) All participating schools will be awarded "Certificate of Participation".
(c) School teachers / authorities can establish contact with IEEE for future technological activities.
22. How to become an IEEE student member?
Click on the following link to become an IEEE member.
The registration fee for each student is 27 USD and you will enjoy all the IEEE benefits till 31st December 2021.